Venue: La Mesa Nature Reserve
Distance: 6K. 25K.3K
Category: Individual and Two Man-Relay
- Bike Plate
- Race Bib
- Bike Jersey
- One Race Belt
- Bike Plate
- 2 x Race Bib
- Bike Jersey (For Cyclist Only)
- 2 x Race Belt
Mountain bikes are the only type of bike allowed for this race.
** Some additional provisions regarding mountain bikes:
- No Cyclo-Cross bikes allowed.
- Bar extensions or grips off the handlebars may not exceed five (5) inches.
- All bikes must have 24, 26, 27.5 or 29 inch wheels.
- Any/all bar ends must be capped
- Bike must be presented for a mandatory bike check and safety approval by a race official.
- Shoes, shirt, and helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike course.
- Mount and dismount at the designated areas only.
- Bikes must be returned, by the participant, to their numbered bike rack in transition. Bikes must be securely placed on the bike rack - not left on the ground.
- Drafting is allowed.
- Always ride on the right side of the road. Over take on the left and return to the right as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Passing Etiquette: Slower riders must yield to faster riders. Faster riders must clearly speak a passing command, "Bike!" or "On your left!" when overtaking, and overtaking must be done safely. If two racers are fighting for position, the leading rider need not give up position, but the leading rider may not interfere or impede another rider’s progress.
- Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the bike course. This means no receiving food, hydration, tools, or medical assistance from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, coaches.)
- Pacing from a non-competitor or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the bike course.
- Participants may walk their bike if needed but cannot complete the course without their bike.
- All participants are responsible for their own bike care, maintenance, and repair. An official technical crew will be roving around the racecourse and may assist with repairs but should not be expected to fix basic flats.
- Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A rider is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the rider's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barriers on the course will not constitute an excuse for cutting course violations.
- Participants shall complete the entire bike course on the same mountain bike they started the bike leg on. Participants must return to transition with the same bike to be allowed to continue the race. No bicycle parts may be left on the course.
- Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the bike course regardless of their race standing.
- Participants must complete the entire bike course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
- Shoes and shirt / top are required at all times on the run course.
- Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number.
- A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
- Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off, or medical assistance from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, coaches.)
- Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
- No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course. This may result in disqualification to the offending runner.
- Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
- Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
- Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
- Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
In consider of the acceptance of my application to participate in the Vaseline Men XTERRA Philippine Duathlon 2014 including without limitation, competing in the race(s) and participating in any all pre and post race activities and social events (collectively, the "Event"), and/or my being permitted to officiate, observe, work for or in any manner participate in the Event or its staging, and intending to be legally bound hereby, I hereby freely agree, represent and acknowledge, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns and heirs that: (1) I HEREBY RELEASE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE, AND SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, Sunrise Events, Incorporated (the Event promoter, hereinafter referred to as "Sunrise Events"); all states, cities, counties or localities in which the Event or segments of the Event are held; all Event sponsors, advertisers, officials, volunteers and independent contractors; owners and lessees of property used to conduct or used in conjunction with the Event; and the officers, directors, shareholders, partners, employees, members and agents of any of the above (the "Releasees"); FROM EVERY CLAIM AND ANY LIABILITY that I, my personal representatives, heirs and assigns may allege against the Releasees, including attorney's fees, as a direct or indirect result of injury to me or my property or resulting in my death, whether or not caused by any act or omission of Releasees, including but not limited to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise while I am in any way competing in, officiating, observing, working for, or in any manner participating in the Event or its staging; (2) I acknowledge that participating in the Event can be a dangerous activity that involves risks of serious bodily injury, death or property damage and I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH AND PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise arising out of or in any way relating to any of the events referred to in item 1 hereof; (3) I will comply with all rules, regulations and instructions of the Event and its officials; (4) I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for the Event, and there is no medical reason why I should not participate in the Event; (5) I CONSENT TO RECEIVE MEDICAL TREATMENT in the event that I become ill, I am injured or I am involved in an accident during the Event or as otherwise deemed necessary or advisable by Event officials; (6) I CONSENT TO THE FREE AND UNRESTRICTED USE OF MY NAME, VOICE AND PICTURE in any and all Event promotional materials, videotapes, telecasts, and promotions for any purposes deemed necessary by the title sponsor or Sunrise Events, Inc., including but not limited to commercial use, and I waive all right to any future compensation to which I may otherwise be entitled as a result of the use of my name or likeness; and (7) I HAVE CAREFULLY READ, UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE THIS AGREEMENT.
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I AM SIXTEEN (16) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT,
AND I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.