- Full Distance: 1500m Swim + 40km Mt. Bike + 10km Trail Run
- Lite Distance: 750m Swim + 20km Mt. Bike + 5km Trail Run
- Duathlon Distance: 3km Trail Run + 20km Mt. Bike + 5km Trail Run
- Full distance individual competitors must clearly indicate upon registration which category they will compete in: Asian Elite or Age Group.
- Relay Entries: Teams must consist of three individuals, and please indicate clearly what each team member will do (swim, bike, or run). Mixed teams can be two (2) males and one (1) female; or two (2) females and one (1) male.
- Ages of reckoning will be at 31 December 2017. All participants must be at least 16 years old on race day.
If you have to withdraw from the Xterra Philippines competition please read carefully our Withdrawal Policy and remember that Withdrawals will only be accepted in writing. Sunrise Events will only accept withdrawal until January 31, 2017. Should a competitor withdrew on or before January 31, 2017 he or she will be entitled to the following refund: Regular Rate: 50% of registration fee may be refunded by January 31, 2017. No more refunds after January 31, 2017. For hotel bookings, the withdrawing competitor will get a Forty Percent (40%) refund of the actual cost.
Note: No refund for hotel reservations after January 31, 2017.
Registration is non-upgradable/downgradable.
Please inform Sunrise Events Inc of your intention to withdraw in writing either by post or e-mail. Postal address is 6/F Corinthian Plaza, 121 Paseo de Roxas Street, 1203 Makati City, Philippines. E-mail address is email@example.com.
Telephone and verbal messages will not be accepted.
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Swimmers must wear the swim cap provided in the race kit.
- Swim will be a mass beach start. Pro and elite athletes will be positioned in front of age group and relay participants.
- Any stroke of a forward motion can be used. No participant may use the buoy line to propel them forward. This will result in disqualification.
- Swimmers must have their race number displayed on both upper arms and calves by race officials prior to the start of the swim.
- Swimmers must complete the entire swim course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
- Swimmers may not use fins, snorkels, flotation devices, gloves or socks at any time during the swim. Calf sleeves (compression socks) will be allowed.
- No individual escorts or paddlers are allowed at any time during the swim.
- Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, or extend past the knees. Swimwear may contain a zipper. A race kit may be worn underneath swimwear. All tri-suits must be sleeveless and must not extend beyond the knees.
- No wetsuits of any kind are allowed. Speed suits are allowed. (The Ruling on Speed Suits: Speedsuit must be comprised of 100% textile material such as nylon or lycra and must not included rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. The speedsuit may contain a zipper.)
- A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance shall raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance. A swimmer, who has received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress. No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receives medical assistance.
- Follow the instructions of race marshals and officials at all times.
- There will be NO cut off time for the swim.
Mountain bikes are the only type of bike allowed for this race.
** Some additional provisions regarding mountain bikes:
- No Cyclo-Cross bikes allowed.
- No drop bars or aero bars allowed
- Bar extensions or grips off the handlebars may not exceed five (5) inches.
- All bikes must have 24, 26, 27.5 or 29 inch wheels.
- All bar ends must be capped
- All bikes must be checked into T1 and left overnight (9:00am - 6:00pm). Please ensure you arrive at the bike check in on time - there will be no extension or late check in and there will be NO bike check in on race morning. Participants will have full access to their bikes on race morning in T1 but will not be allowed to remove their bike from T1 until the start of the bike leg.
- Shoes, shirt, and helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike course.
- Bike numbers must be mounted on the handlebar facing forward. (It is not necessary to wear the run number during the bike segment. Mountain Bike numbers are large and obvious; therefore it is not mandatory to wear a run number for identification purposes.)
- Helmet must be clipped before the bike is removed from the rack in T1 and cannot be unclipped until the bike is securely racked in T2 after completing the bike course.
- No riding inside transition 1 or 2 at any time.
- Mount and dismount at the designated areas only.
- Drafting is allowed.
- Always ride on the right side of the road. Over take on the left and return to the right as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Passing Etiquette: Slower riders must yield to faster riders. Faster riders must clearly speak a passing command, 'Bike!' or 'On your left!' when overtaking, and overtaking must be done safely. If two racers are fighting for position, the leading rider need not give up position, but the leading rider may not interfere or impede another rider’s progress.
- Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the bike course. This means no receiving food, hydration, tools, or medical assistance from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, coaches.)
- Pacing from a non-competitor or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the bike course.
- Participants may walk their bike if needed but cannot complete the course without their bike.
- All participants are responsible for their own bike care, maintenance, and repair. An official technical crew will be roving around the racecourse and may assist with repairs but should not be expected to fix basic flats.
- A sweeper vehicle will sweep the course starting at 12noon to collect any riders who are unable to complete the course because of exhaustion or mechanical failure. Once a participant rides the sweeper vehicle they will be considered DNF (did not finish).
- Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A rider is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the rider's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barriers on the course will not constitute an excuse for cutting course violations.
- Participants shall complete the entire bike course on the same mountain bike they started the bike leg on. Participants must enter T2 using the same bike they left T1 with to be allowed to continue the race. No bicycle parts may be left on the course.
- Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the bike course regardless of their race standing.
- Participants must complete the entire bike course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
- Shoes and shirt / top are required at all times on the run course.
- Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear a race number on the run will result in disqualification.
- A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
- Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, coaches.)
- Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
- No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course. This may result in disqualification to the offending runner.
- Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
- Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
- Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
- Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
- There will be no run / finish line cut off time.
- If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
- Littering on the run and bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
- In T1 and T2, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear is placed in their respective race baskets / boxes / bags.
- Only participants wearing an Xterra Philippines wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter T1 and T2 before, during, and after the race. No family members, support staff, personal bike mechanics or photographers will be allowed in T1 or T2 at any time.
- Relay participants must remain in the designated waiting areas in T1 and T2 and wait for their teammate to arrive. They cannot leave transition unless given permission by a race marshal. Once a relay participant has completed their leg of the race they may leave transition but will not be allowed to return to transition until transition opens for bike and race gear collection.
- All medical expenses incurred during the course of the race or as a result of the race, are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
- Xterra Philippines race numbers and race registration and non-transferable. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
- Non-racers (including the relay swimmer and biker) and family members cannot run or walk alongside a racer in the finishing chute; this includes participants carrying children in their arms as they cross the finish line. Please make every attempt to cross the finish line individually, not in a group to ensure your time is correctly recorded.
- RELAY TEAMS - relay teams must consist of 3 participants. A participant from another relay team cannot compete as part of a second relay team. No participant registered as an individual may race as part of a relay team.
- Age group classification: Xterra Philippines race age for age group participants is based on how old a participant is on December 31 of the race year - December 31, 2017.
- Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
- Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer.
- Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
- In case of severe weather on race day, Xterra Philippines reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the race course to ensure the safety of all participants. These decisions will be made on race morning and announced at transition and the swim start.
WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
In consider of the acceptance of my application to participate in the XTERRA Off-Road Triathlon La Union 2017 including without limitation, competing in the race(s) and participating in any all pre and post race activities and social events (collectively, the "Event"), and/or my being permitted to officiate, observe, work for or in any manner participate in the Event or its staging, and intending to be legally bound hereby, I hereby freely agree, represent and acknowledge, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns and heirs that: (1) I HEREBY RELEASE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE, AND SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, Sunrise Events, Incorporated (the Event promoter, hereinafter referred to as "Sunrise Events"); all states, cities, counties or localities in which the Event or segments of the Event are held; all Event sponsors, advertisers, officials, volunteers and independent contractors; owners and lessees of property used to conduct or used in conjunction with the Event; and the officers, directors, shareholders, partners, employees, members and agents of any of the above (the "Releasees"); FROM EVERY CLAIM AND ANY LIABILITY that I, my personal representatives, heirs and assigns may allege against the Releasees, including attorney's fees, as a direct or indirect result of injury to me or my property or resulting in my death, whether or not caused by any act or omission of Releasees, including but not limited to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise while I am in any way competing in, officiating, observing, working for, or in any manner participating in the Event or its staging; (2) I acknowledge that participating in the Event can be a dangerous activity that involves risks of serious bodily injury, death or property damage and I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH AND PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise arising out of or in any way relating to any of the events referred to in item 1 hereof; (3) I will comply with all rules, regulations and instructions of the Event and its officials; (4) I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for the Event, and there is no medical reason why I should not participate in the Event; (5) I CONSENT TO RECEIVE MEDICAL TREATMENT in the event that I become ill, I am injured or I am involved in an accident during the Event or as otherwise deemed necessary or advisable by Event officials; (6) I CONSENT TO THE FREE AND UNRESTRICTED USE OF MY NAME, VOICE AND PICTURE in any and all Event promotional materials, videotapes, telecasts, and promotions for any purposes deemed necessary by the title sponsor or Sunrise Events, Inc., including but not limited to commercial use, and I waive all right to any future compensation to which I may otherwise be entitled as a result of the use of my name or likeness; and (7) I HAVE CAREFULLY READ, UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE THIS AGREEMENT.
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I AM SIXTEEN (16) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT,
AND I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.